Boundaries: For Women Who Want to Grow
Nov 17 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm$55
Whether you want to grow towards a dream you hold, grow your relationships in depth and intimacy, or grow into a life that feels more authentic and joyful, healthy boundaries are essential. So many of us find ourselves spread too thin, feel trapped in lives that don’t express who we really are, or are stuck in dysfunctional patterns of relating to family and friends that we know are leaving us drained and depleted.
On this 1-day workshop, you will learn what it really means to take responsibility for your life, let go of what was never yours to carry, and rediscover a sense of freedom that creates space for the growth you want to see.
Over the course of the day, you will learn how healthy boundaries provide us with nourishment, freedom and protection, and enable us to connect compassionately and lovingly with our friends and family. This workshop will help you to identify where your boundaries are working well, and where things need to change.
You will learn to recognise the symptoms of unhealthy boundaries, and identify which of the three common boundary problems are currently affecting you (it’s not uncommon to find it’s all three!)
Full of practical exercises, eye-opening information, group discussion and time for personal reflection, you will leave with the tools and skills you need to start making the changes that will free up new space for growth and joy.
Not sure if it’s for you?
Everyone can benefit from taking the time to check the health of their boundaries. There are always new depths to be explored, and new freedom to be found, no matter how far along in the journey we are.
Below are some common symptoms that can occur when our boundaries aren’t as healthy as they could be:
– Prioritising other people’s needs above your own
– Difficulty making decisions without running them past family / friends
– Making choices on the basis of what other people will think, or worrying about what others will think of your choices
– Decision making is based on what you think you ‘should’ do
– Difficulty saying ‘no’ when you want or need to
– Afraid to express your own thoughts and opinions, especially if that may cause conflict
– Shutting down emotionally in times of conflict
– Finding it easier to give the silent treatment than state what it is you’re upset about
– Disappointment of resentment that other people don’t behave towards you in the way you want
– Feeling overwhelmed or over-committed
– Always the person to rescue family and friends from their dramas
– Feeling like you aren’t sure who you really are
– Feeling envious of people who seem to be living out their dreams
Boundary problems affect all areas of our lives: Our thought lives, emotional lives, decision-making, time, resources, relationships, and ultimately, our growth. This 1-day workshop will give you the insight and skills you need to make room for the growth you want to see.
$55 Early Bird rate if booked before 31st October ($60 usual rate). The ticket cost includes all course materials, hot and cold drinks, and morning tea. Please bring a packed lunch, or enjoy one of Hamilton’s excellent cafes.
Book your place at FourQuartersWhole.com